COVID-19 has officially come to our border.
The nation is now on lockdown.
As the confirmed number of COVID-19 cases continues to grow, recently surpassing over 1,100 throughout Thailand, the government has declared a state of emergency and we are now officially on lockdown until April 30th and this morning, we were given a nationwide curfew. No more foreigners will be allowed to enter the country and we will not be permitted to leave our city, homes, or the Promise Land. Should we reach the next stage in the state of emergency, we will see restrictions on what we are allowed to share either through email or via social media.
What does this mean for Life Impact?
- Our kids were already on a two-week restriction where they were not permitted to leave the Promise Land because of COVID-19. Now they will have to add another month on to that for the nationwide quarantine.
- All our non-essential staff (mostly office staff and missionaries) have been sent to their homes here on our border and those who are able will be working remotely to ensure that LI can continue to operate.
- The majority of our security guards will have to take part in quarantine at their homes. Although they are essential, they live in the city and because of that, they are at a much higher risk of contracting and spreading the virus.
- Our full-time nurse (who lives on the Land) will be checking in on our staff and children regularly to ensure their health and safety.
- Our house parents and staff who live on our Promise Land (as well as the houseparents living at our homes in Myanmar) will continue their daily responsibilities and will help to manage additional tasks required on our Land. As a result, they not only have to care for all of the children with no relief or day off, but they will also serve as interim security, watching over everything and essentially run the Promise Land by themselves.
“When we live our lives within the shadow of God Most High, our secret hiding place, we will always be shielded from harm. How then could evil prevail against us or disease infect us? God sends angels with special orders to protect you wherever you go, defending you from all harm.” – Psalm 91:9-11
How You Can Help
We are not fearful and we truly are trusting in God and standing on His promises during this time! We can always use extra prayers though! Here are a few key areas to focus on in prayer during this time.
- Strength, health & safety of our children, staff, and missionaries.
- Wisdom as we make decisions and adjustments in response to government directives.
- Strength, health, safety, and provision for those within our prevention projects.
- Protection for the children still in need of rescue, that we can’t reach at this time.
- Peace and an end to COVID-19
Please also pray for all the Life Impact International homes, our headquarters and works in Thailand, Myanmar, Brazil, USA, and the UK, as well as our supporters, partner churches and ministries.
The world may shut down, but Life Impact will continue to stay open to the fullest capacity that we are able. We will still Prevent, Rescue and bring Healing, as well as do all we can for our prevention project families.
If these chaotic times have shown us anything, it is that we all are truly in this together! We can’t do it alone! Thank you for standing with us during this time!